Korean heavyweight Jae-chan Kim

Da Voice

Re: Korean heavyweight Jae-chan Kim

Postby Da Voice » 13 Jul 2011, 04:49

Joe Boxer wrote:
Da Voice wrote:
Joe Boxer wrote:
Da Voice wrote: No show atm

Can you check your spam folder? The mail is from a Korean e-mail service.
Try anton@boxrec.com

I re-sent it, but this time from my hotmail account. Hope you get it. If not, perhaps your mailbox is full? The pic is a little large. I should have made it smaller.
Done! http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Joe_Pineault
Joe Boxer

Postby Joe Boxer » 13 Jul 2011, 05:36

Da Voice wrote:
Joe Boxer wrote:
Da Voice wrote:
Joe Boxer wrote:
Da Voice wrote: No show atm

Can you check your spam folder? The mail is from a Korean e-mail service.
Try anton@boxrec.com

I re-sent it, but this time from my hotmail account. Hope you get it. If not, perhaps your mailbox is full? The pic is a little large. I should have made it smaller.
Done! http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Joe_Pineault

Hey, thanks for adding the pic to my bio :TU:
Da Voice

Postby Da Voice » 13 Jul 2011, 05:39

Always good to put a face to a name :D
buster007

Postby buster007 » 13 Jul 2011, 06:14

you've got brutes abs photo shopped onto the picture.
Hounddawg
Location: Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever

Postby Hounddawg » 13 Jul 2011, 08:37

Fat Git wrote:
Brute wrote:Form is a good guide. I get sick of people running down Australian fighters and then bringing over imports who turn out to be fizzers.

And I have given you some background information to the form you see in black and white on an internet site. Kim has come on leaps and bounds over the past few years - reserve judgement till you see him - like any intelligent boxing fan would. :TU:

And out of curiosity how many of the Australian Heavies have you seen fight, and may i have the venue in which you attended to see Browne fight, and a brief description on the events leading upto Brownes successful stoppage(I've seen all but 1 of his fights)? I mean by your comment it sounds like you know or have seen the level of competition here, however i really can't say a well travelled fellow like yourself has probably made it to a Browne fight.

Sorry for butting in, but it seems to be trend these days ;;-)
Fat Git

Postby Fat Git » 13 Jul 2011, 11:50

Hounddawg wrote:
Fat Git wrote:
Brute wrote:Form is a good guide. I get sick of people running down Australian fighters and then bringing over imports who turn out to be fizzers.

And I have given you some background information to the form you see in black and white on an internet site. Kim has come on leaps and bounds over the past few years - reserve judgement till you see him - like any intelligent boxing fan would. :TU:

And out of curiosity how many of the Australian Heavies have you seen fight, and may i have the venue in which you attended to see Browne fight, and a brief description on the events leading upto Brownes successful stoppage(I've seen all but 1 of his fights)? I mean by your comment it sounds like you know or have seen the level of competition here, however i really can't say a well travelled fellow like yourself has probably made it to a Browne fight.

Youtube my good man - youtube!! :lol: I have seen more or less every decent Australian heavyweight out there on youtube and of course I read as much as I can. I love reading about the domestic scene in your country and am hungry for it as I am about the domestic scene in my own country. Have I seen Browne live? No - but nor have I seen Muhammad Ali live and I think I could espouse an educated opinion on the attributes and strengths about the said gentleman.

Point is. Kim will accquit himself well if and when he ends up in Australia - and the latest is that might be sooner than you think. Here he is winning the Korean heavyweight title on a 10th round KO win against a very tough Canadian named Justin Chiasson.

Kronkpride

Postby Kronkpride » 13 Jul 2011, 16:36

Is there any you tube or other video out there of him?

Since Chauncy Welliver is now campaigning in China on a multi fight deal, perhaps this Korean HW would be a decent ticket. Chauncy is now WBC Asian Champion and is WBC and WBO rated Top 10 and 15. He just left for a week to China to promote his Sept. 25th bout. I haven't heard of a set opponent but Moyoyo Mensah has been mentioned. WBO African CW Champ or something, a New Zealander. I'd imagine that this big Korean would love a shot at the WBC Asian title. But The Boxing Panda would probably Hillyard Hammer him. I want to see a video! :box:
Kronkpride

Postby Kronkpride » 13 Jul 2011, 16:38

He's still a novice. I didn't look at the record first. :witzend:
Fat Git

Postby Fat Git » 13 Jul 2011, 17:44

Kronkpride wrote:He's still a novice. I didn't look at the record first. :witzend:

He is, but in my opinion he is capable of racking a few wins down under and getting himself in the mix. He made the mistake (in my opinion) of going down to cruiserweight, he is not a cruiserweight. He is a (admittedly small) heavyweight but I think he can go places, if he stays in Korea it is not going to happen but I think he could do something basing himself out of Australia or New Zealand where there are big Asian populations whose interest could be sparked.

N2Shape ignited the spark back into big Clarence Tillman's boxing career - I think he could do more with Jae Chan Kim. :wink:
Brute

Postby Brute » 13 Jul 2011, 18:17

Fat Git wrote:
Hounddawg wrote:
Fat Git wrote:

Youtube my good man - youtube!! :lol: I have seen more or less every decent Australian heavyweight out there on youtube and of course I read as much as I can. I love reading about the domestic scene in your country and am hungry for it as I am about the domestic scene in my own country. Have I seen Browne live? No - but nor have I seen Muhammad Ali live and I think I could espouse an educated opinion on the attributes and strengths about the said gentleman.

Point is. Kim will accquit himself well if and when he ends up in Australia - and the latest is that might be sooner than you think. Here he is winning the Korean heavyweight title on a 10th round KO win against a very tough Canadian named Justin Chiasson.

All of Chiasson's pro fights were in South Korea against cruiserweights shorter than himself, one of whom usually fought at middle or super middleweight. They had 7 fights between them.
Brute

Postby Brute » 13 Jul 2011, 18:19

buster007 wrote:you've got brutes abs photo shopped onto the picture.

Those are Patron's abs. I'm built more for comfort than speed.
Fat Git

Postby Fat Git » 13 Jul 2011, 18:21

Brute wrote:
Fat Git wrote:
Hounddawg wrote:
Fat Git wrote:

All of Chiasson's pro fights were in South Korea against cruiserweights shorter than himself, one of whom usually fought at middle or super middleweight. They had 7 fights between them.

There isn't a cruiserweight division in South Korea - any fight over 175lbs is at heavyweight - true dat! :geek2:
Brute

Postby Brute » 13 Jul 2011, 22:29

The No 3 rated heavyweight in South Korea, Young-Doo Jung, fought his most recent fight at super middleweight.

He must think he is Bob Fitzsimmons.
dberry

Postby dberry » 14 Jul 2011, 01:26

Kronkpride wrote:Is there any you tube or other video out there of him?

Since Chauncy Welliver is now campaigning in China on a multi fight deal, perhaps this Korean HW would be a decent ticket. Chauncy is now WBC Asian Champion and is WBC and WBO rated Top 10 and 15. He just left for a week to China to promote his Sept. 25th bout. I haven't heard of a set opponent but Moyoyo Mensah has been mentioned. WBO African CW Champ or something, a New Zealander. I'd imagine that this big Korean would love a shot at the WBC Asian title. But The Boxing Panda would probably Hillyard Hammer him. I want to see a video! :box:

Of course he would, as opposed to Alex Leapei or Kali Meehan, both more Welliver's size and with more than half a dozen fights on their CV.
Kronkpride

Postby Kronkpride » 14 Jul 2011, 06:08

Meehan vs Welliver almost materialized in Fiji.....then Kali's team declined. Their team also declined on Leapei. Chauncy stated in 1 of his last couple radio interviews that him vs Alex Leapei in China could be 1 of his bigger fights in the deal. He said that his team and Leapei's team had discussed fighting and all sides agreed that to make the match with the most sense for the fighters, it would have to be outside of NZ and Australia. A massive Chinese gate, 20 or so million viewers on CCTV, and then sending it to NZ and Australia via TV is the ticket.

Same thing will go with Meehan and Tua now. Tua can't even gate in New Zealand. :lol:
Hounddawg

Postby Hounddawg » 14 Jul 2011, 06:27

Fat Git wrote:
Kronkpride wrote:N2Shape ignited the spark back into big Clarence Tillman's boxing career - I think he could do more with Jae Chan Kim. :wink:

Bingo!
Hounddawg

Postby Hounddawg » 14 Jul 2011, 06:30

Fat Git wrote:
Hounddawg wrote:
Fat Git wrote:

Snap!, Youtube is a scary way of analysing ones ability, but fair enough i guess, which particular fight or fights have you seen of Big Daddy?

And which is your country, if i may ask?
Hounddawg

Postby Hounddawg » 14 Jul 2011, 06:40

Kronkpride wrote:Meehan vs Welliver almost materialized in Fiji.....then Kali's team declined. Their team also declined on Leapei. Chauncy stated in 1 of his last couple radio interviews that him vs Alex Leapei in China could be 1 of his bigger fights in the deal. He said that his team and Leapei's team had discussed fighting and all sides agreed that to make the match with the most sense for the fighters, it would have to be outside of NZ and Australia. A massive Chinese gate, 20 or so million viewers on CCTV, and then sending it to NZ and Australia via TV is the ticket.

Same thing will go with Meehan and Tua now. Tua can't even gate in New Zealand. :lol:

Ummmm, your kidding right? I think factually your missing a chromosone, however your fantasy's do suggest a very enetertaining writer.

20 million :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fat Git

Postby Fat Git » 14 Jul 2011, 08:43

Hounddawg wrote:
And which is your country, if i may ask?

Oh Hounddawg!! :lol: You know who I am - I am one of your favourite posters on here!!
Kronkpride

Postby Kronkpride » 14 Jul 2011, 15:50

Hounddawg wrote:
Kronkpride wrote:Meehan vs Welliver almost materialized in Fiji.....then Kali's team declined. Their team also declined on Leapei. Chauncy stated in 1 of his last couple radio interviews that him vs Alex Leapei in China could be 1 of his bigger fights in the deal. He said that his team and Leapei's team had discussed fighting and all sides agreed that to make the match with the most sense for the fighters, it would have to be outside of NZ and Australia. A massive Chinese gate, 20 or so million viewers on CCTV, and then sending it to NZ and Australia via TV is the ticket.

Ummmm, your kidding right? I think factually your missing a chromosone, however your fantasy's do suggest a very enetertaining writer.

20 million :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

17 million tuned in for Welliver vs Tauasa.....much higher than the predicted 10 Million number. I don't care who the opponent is, Chauncy will do 20 million Chinese tuning in on the 25th of September. :bag:
Chauncy

Postby Chauncy » 15 Jul 2011, 00:18

Hounddawg wrote:

He's actually right. There were 17 million on the night of the fight and I was told yesterday after they finish playing the replays, there will be roughly 30 million total who have seen the fight.
Remember, we're talking about a country that has 1,400,000,000 people so realistically, 17,000,000 aint that much for them, but compared to other countries, it did great.
It was shown on what would be equivalent to NBC in America, highest rated channel, but free tv.
I am in China now. I was flown back to take photos at the Shao Lin temple and go to the zoo to take more photos with the pandas. The best part is, I'm being paid for it. These are things I would have loved to have done on my own dime but these promoters treat me so great.
As far as the Korean heavyweight, he has far too less of fights to fight me but I'm sure there may be some room here as there are some smaller heavies he could fight. JoeBoxer, IM me and we'll see if we can figure something out.

Cheers
:OhYes:
Joe Boxer

Postby Joe Boxer » 15 Jul 2011, 02:20

Chauncy wrote: As far as the Korean heavyweight, he has far too less of fights to fight me but I'm sure there may be some room here as there are some smaller heavies he could fight. JoeBoxer, IM me and we'll see if we can figure something out.

Cheers

Check your inbox, Double H.
Joe Boxer

Postby Joe Boxer » 15 Jul 2011, 09:11

Edit: sent PMs instead
Brute

Postby Brute » 15 Jul 2011, 09:27

We can always throw Tillman in against Belshaw and let the winner fight Jae-Chan Kim. :neutral:
dberry

Postby dberry » 15 Jul 2011, 09:35

Tillman - Belshaw, Hmmm, Brutus, I think you may be on to something there.

Return to “Australia & Pacific”