BoxRec
It is currently 28 Dec 2014, 06:56

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 11:50 

He was signing autographs at one of the sports memorabilia stores.Seems like a really nice guy. I'm staying at the LVH, formerly the Las Vegas Hilton, where he upset the GOAT to win the heavyweight title.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 12:19 

The Spinks brothers are some of the most real and down to earth folks on earth. Leon is a very good humor sort, and Mike though a little more serious, never met a person he didn't like. You'd be doin' well to have either as your neighbor. East St Louis brothers who worked hard and did well. I can't say enough good about either man.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 12:21 

BoxBuzz wrote:
The Spinks brothers are some of the most real and down to earth folks on earth. Leon is a very good humor sort, and Mike though a little more serious, never met a person he didn't like. You'd be doin' well to have either as your neighbor. East St Louis brothers who worked hard and did well. I can't say enough good about either man.

I can remember like it was yesterday when he upset the GOAT. Life goes by in a minute.

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 13:02 

I had no idea Leon Spinks beat Sam Langford.

And the bait is set for Il Duce. Get them tear ducts ready ThatOne. :zzz:

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2013, 18:31 

SaadOffTheDeck wrote:

:OhYes:

Its so predictable :neutral:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 14:23 

Tomasino wrote:
SaadOffTheDeck wrote:

:OhYes:

Its so predictable :neutral:

Rent free, bro, rent free...

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 14:24 

I know you're sad that Duce ignored your transparent attempt for his attention. Oh well, better luck next time. :TU:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 14:54 

SaadOffTheDeck wrote:
I know you're sad that Duce ignored your transparent attempt for his attention. Oh well, better luck next time. :TU:

<like moth to flames>

I made a thread about seeing Leon Spinks at the Field Of Dreams sports and gift shop at Caesars Palace. I thought other posters would be interested. Why you and Tommy want to make this thread about me and another poster is beyond me. I thought the fact I was staying at the LVH added a bit of irony.

However, if you two gentlemen want to live vicariously through me I can't blame you. My life is great.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:05 

ThatOne wrote:
SaadOffTheDeck wrote:

<like moth to flames>

I made a thread about seeing Leon Spinks at the Field Of Dreams sports and gift shop at Caesars Palace. I thought other posters would be interested. Why you and Tommy want to make this thread about me and another poster is beyond me. I thought the fact I was staying at the LVH added a bit of irony.

However, if you two gentlemen want to live vicariously through me I can't blame you. My life is great.

:roll:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:09 

Thankfully buzz can stay on topic.

I think some of it is a function of some posters being so old they predate the effective treatments for attention deficit disorder.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:10 

Your intention was obvious, just another shitty thread by the shittiest poster in the forum.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:24 

SaadOffTheDeck wrote:
Your intention was obvious, just another shitty thread by the shittiest poster in the forum.

Now, you're a mind reader!

My intention was to let the posters of this board know I saw Leon Spinks. The fact you immediately resorted to invectives and puerile epithets reveals more about you than it could ever reveal about me.

lol

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:30 

Right, that's all you were doing. :roll:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:38 

Here's a identical post I made on another sports board, almost contemporaneously, that focuses on the NBA:

I saw Leon Spinks at Caesars Palace

He was signing autographs at one of the sports memorabilia stores there. Kind of an accidental champion but he did beat the GOAT, albeit a clearly faded one and did win Olympic Gold for the U S A.

http://angersports.boards.net/thread/16 ... lTo=263229

I will leave it to other posters to divine my intentions.

P.S. If i knew it would upset people I wouldn't have posted it here.

Last edited by ThatOne on 29 Dec 2013, 15:40, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:39 

ThatOne wrote:
Here's a identical post I made on another sports board, almost contemporaneously, that focuses on the NBA:

He was signing autographs at one of the sports memorabilia stores there. Kind of an accidental champion but he did beat the GOAT, albeit a clearly faded one and did win Olympic Gold for the U S A.

I'm not upset, it's just easy to see through your little game. Funny enough, Il Duce didn't stoop to your level. Good for him.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:41 

SaadOffTheDeck wrote:
ThatOne wrote:

I'm not upset, it's just easy to see through your little game. Funny enough, Il Duce didn't stoop to your level. Good for him.

When I posted it another site was I trying to get his attention there, too?

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:42 

ThatOne wrote:
SaadOffTheDeck wrote:
ThatOne wrote:

When I posted it another site was I trying to get his attention there, too?

I couldn't care less what you post at a site I don't belong to. Your post here was as transparent as it gets.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 15:50 

I saw Leon Spinks. I thought it was noteworthy. I posted it at two sports sites that I frequent with similar language. If you think I posted it to attract the attention of this poster or that poster there is nothing I can do to disabuse you of that notion.

Who would have thought an innocuous thread about seeing Leon Spinks at a sports memorabilia store would have created such a brouhaha?

I should have posted it at the Mensa board.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 16:01 

ThatOne wrote:
I saw Leon Spinks. I thought it was noteworthy. I posted it at two sports sites that I frequent with similar language. If you think I posted it to attract the attention of this poster or that poster there is nothing I can do to disabuse you of that notion.

Who would have thought an innocuous thread about seeing Leon Spinks at a sports memorabilia store would have created such a brouhaha?

There is absolutely nothing you could say to change my mind. By all means, go to the mensa board. You offer nothing of note here. :wave:

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 16:06 

SaadOffTheDeck wrote:
ThatOne wrote:

There is absolutely nothing you could say to change my mind. By all means, go to the mensa board. You offer nothing of note here. :wave:

You seem especially bitter today. Did you spend the holidays alone?

I'm going out to lunch with my girlfriend and her friends. I'll check back later to see what aberrant nonsense you wrote in my absence.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 16:24 

ThatOne wrote:
SaadOffTheDeck wrote:
ThatOne wrote:

You seem especially bitter today. Did you spend the holidays alone?

I'm going out to lunch with my girlfriend and her friends. I'll check back later to see what aberrant nonsense you wrote in my absence.

I'm just watching Football and indulging your desperate need for inane internet arguing.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 18:56 

ThatOne wrote:
He was signing autographs at one of the sports memorabilia stores.Seems like a really nice guy. I'm staying at the LVH, formerly the Las Vegas Hilton, where he upset the GOAT to win the heavyweight title.

Now that this fascinating argument is over (for now) could you update us on Neon Leon's health? He apparently has boxing related dementia. Was wondering how he is physically from what you could tell.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 19:09 

SenorPipino wrote:
ThatOne wrote:

Now that this fascinating argument is over (for now) could you update us on Neon Leon's health? He apparently has boxing related dementia. Was wondering how he is physically from what you could tell.

Thanks for asking. Seeing Leon Spinks at a memorabilia store, out of the blue, was nice. As i told Buzz I can remember his fights with Ali like it was yesterday. Time moves so fast...

I was telling my girlfriend who was with me that he has boxing related dementia. The human head wasn't built to be hit repeatedly. That being said he seemed fine and very friendly....He had no problem signing autographs and making small talk. There's a television on the side of the store with a split screen showing scenes from his fight with Ali and him watching the fight. I didn't realize at the time how many clean shots Spinks got at Ali's head.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 19:18 

When I've seen Spinks on certain testimonial shows, including his appearance at Ali's 70th B-day celebration 2 years ago, he's always seated.
I assume he has mobility problems.
He's always been a little wacky, going back to his amateur days, but Leon was one of the good guys in boxing.

PostPosted: 29 Dec 2013, 19:21 

SenorPipino wrote:
When I've seen Spinks on certain testimonial shows, including his appearance at Ali's 70th B-day celebration 2 years ago, he's always seated.
I assume he has mobility problems.
He's always been a little wacky, going back to his amateur days, but Leon was one of the good guys in boxing.

He was sitting down to sign autographs, of course, but he was also walking around at times...He was wearing jeans and a windbreaker. If you didn't know he was a fighter he looked like just another guy.

Las Vegas has so much boxing history.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next