BoxRec
It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 15:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:30 

ZMOMMI wrote:
Dennis, I am so sorry that I didnt list Jordan. I thought he lost at the regionals. I am not sure about the women either. I see Vanessa lost, but I am not sure about Taylor Lord Wilder (Lansing, Mi). Did she go straight through to Nationals?

REGION 5 semis:

119 Rau Shee Warren - Ohio
125 Ernesto Garza - Michigan
132 Yuandale Evans - Ohio
141 Zeddie Adams - Ohio
152 Eduardo Alicea - Ohio
165 Terrell Guasha - Ohio
201 Jordan Shimmell - Michigan

Jordan is not representing region 5 as he is here as an independent. The regional coordinators were told that they could not select the independents for points, but they could with the PAL, NMU and At Large boxers. You did forget to mention 112-Adan Ortiz is from Region 5. The Region 5 team (does not include Jordan) has 7 boxers in the semifinals. The next best region has 4 in the semis. If the NGG had a team, 7 of their champions (including Jordan) are in the semifinals.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:32 

mr. detroit wrote:
i thought tyler lord wilder turned or was turning pro? dennis??? did you hear the same? and im looking forward to results of the GARZA/RIVERS bout. i think i have to side with rivers but it wont be easy! (edited:) sportssummary has her listed as "active" under there pro boxer listing but doesnt show a record. did she fight in the states dennis? did i miss something?

I hadn't heard that she was turning pro. She did not compete in the LBC tourney. She is here as the PAL representative. She won her bout last night and is in the finals tomorrow.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:47 

Dennis wrote:
Jordan is not representing region 5 as he is here as an independent. The regional coordinators were told that they could not select the independents for points, but they could with the PAL, NMU and At Large boxers. You did forget to mention 112-Adan Ortiz is from Region 5. The Region 5 team (does not include Jordan) has 7 boxers in the semifinals. The next best region has 4 in the semis. If the NGG had a team, 7 of their champions (including Jordan) are in the semifinals.

Sigh...

If you count Spence and Fowler (P.A.L.), then TEXAS has 5 in semis...

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:48 

!! Shawn wrote:
boxmel wrote:
Quote:
Yes, someone does sign off, but the referee has the authority to DQ a boxer.

I heard that John Brown (Thompson's coach) filed a protest about Hunter's handwraps AFTER Thompson lost (just happened to have a check on him for the fee). There was also some question about Thompson's handwraps, so both sets were taken as evidence and, it seems, have disappeared. Grievance committee included Ringside employees and a unilateral decision was made by the chair to DQ Hunter.

Kinda fun, sitting here in So. Cal, watching the organization fall apart. Unfortunately, it's the athletes who bear the brunt of the dysfunctional bunch who are currently running USAB into the ground. I still wonder why the USOC hasn't moved to take over........

I talked with Joe Zanders about it, and initially Thompsons wrapped were measured at 15 yards 6 inches, which is just as illegal as 19 yards, and after he pointed that out, new measurement came back that indicated his wraps were less than 15 yards in length.

Zanders was the only member of the grievance committee to take a stand against the bullshit.

And yes, the grievance was filed after the Thompson lost.

It has been discovered that the 10 yard rolls are actually over 10 yards as are the 15 yard rolls. I think the companies want to ensure that they are giving buyers at least the length listed. So what are coaches to do? You can't just use the whole roll as you may exceed the limit of 15 yards per hand.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:55 

ringsidemike wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Sigh...

yes sir mr.mike texas is looking to be the team to beat so how many of them are going to make the finals

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:56 

If the gauze is uncut and all in one piece, then the coach has just used a roll of gauze. I don't think the coach and boxer should be punished if the roll is slightly over the maximum length. Now if the coach used "pads" and other pieces, there is no way to know if the coach used it from one roll or more than one roll. In Hunter's case, he used the Everlast gauze provided and I believe his coach used 2 rolls of the 10 yard (labeled) gauze per hand. It then shows an intent or knowledge that they were exceeding the 15 yard limit.

Tape is the bigger issue. I know some coaches use more than 6 feet of tape. The tape is easier to measure, but still not easy. I error on the side of using less so I don't have to worry about it.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:00 
Editor
Editor

Quote:
In Hunter's case, he used the Everlast gauze provided and I believe his coach used 2 rolls of the 10 yard (labeled) gauze per hand. It then shows an intent or knowledge that they were exceeding the 15 yard limit.

Just out of curiosity - was this proven? I heard the handwraps disappeared before they could be thoroughly inspected.

Frankly, sounds like a case of JB sour grapes to me. 8)

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:15 

boxmel wrote:
Quote:
In Hunter's case, he used the Everlast gauze provided and I believe his coach used 2 rolls of the 10 yard (labeled) gauze per hand. It then shows an intent or knowledge that they were exceeding the 15 yard limit.

Just out of curiosity - was this proven? I heard the handwraps disappeared before they could be thoroughly inspected.

Frankly, sounds like a case of JB sour grapes to me. 8)

I have no idea. I wasn't there and not privy to the measurements and the grievance process. I just heard from officials that his gauze measured at over 19 yards per hand.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:39 

panhandle boxing wrote:
ringsidemike wrote:
Dennis wrote:

Sigh...

yes sir mr.mike texas is looking to be the team to beat so how many of them are going to make the finals

I'm gonna guess 3.. 2 or 3 is most likely.. 4 would be surprising, 1 would be repeat of GG and dissappointing..

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 17:58 

yeah im just wishing for the best for every fighter

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 19:07 

That Hunter fight was so WACK..
they wasnt countin none of homeboy points!

Then he still pulled it out and got Lenroy with a clean 1-2 with 2 seconds left..Then before he even got to his Corner JB calling the ref over and telling him to check hunters wraps BEFORE HIS GLOVES WERE EVEN OFF thats some crap

Aind HE did not use 19 YARDS of guaze so if you dont know what it was DONT POST IT
he supposedly used 4 FEET over the limit which would be 15.4 yards or whatever not 19 yards

this whole tournament wack and currupt
wonder why usaboxing.org hasnt been updated?

Hmmmm?

wow ametuer boxing is turning into a joke

REGION 3 ALL DAY!!

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 20:37 

im guessing we will have maybe 3 from our texas team..im gonna include spence and fowler btw..I see spence, fowler, colvin and tony mack making it to the finals..haven't seen cochran, but I've heard great things about him..I would love to see our remaining texas guys win nationals, but it don't always happen that way..guess we will see what happens..good luck to all fighters, praying for the safety of all competitors..

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:04 

have the fights started

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:11 

just heard warren lost the tie breaker

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:22 

what other fights are done

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:27 

COACH J wrote:
just heard warren lost the tie breaker

Wow must of been a good fight.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:44 

any results on the some of the fights

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:53 

Jesus Magdaleno over Raushee Warren
Jose Benavidez over Zeddie Adams
Duran Caferro over Yuandale Evans
Adon Ortiz over Adrian Ghisoiu

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:53 

go to usaboxing.org more results are on there.

wow there's some huge upsets!!
this has to be one of the craziest tournament results ever.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:58 

Kevin Rivers over Ernesto Garza

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:00 

anything on the texas team

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:03 

Errol Spence over Richard Hargraves

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:06 

ZMOMMI wrote:
Errol Spence over Richard Hargraves

is their anymore that fought already

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:15 

How was Jose Benavidez Vs. Zeddie adams. Was it close?

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:31 

region 8 wrote:
How was Jose Benavidez Vs. Zeddie adams. Was it close?

Zeddie felt that there should not have been as big a gap on points, but Jose did beat him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next