BoxRec
It is currently 21 Dec 2014, 15:07

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:30 

Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 14:54
Posts: 4334
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
ZMOMMI wrote:
Dennis, I am so sorry that I didnt list Jordan. I thought he lost at the regionals. I am not sure about the women either. I see Vanessa lost, but I am not sure about Taylor Lord Wilder (Lansing, Mi). Did she go straight through to Nationals?

REGION 5 semis:

119 Rau Shee Warren - Ohio
125 Ernesto Garza - Michigan
132 Yuandale Evans - Ohio
141 Zeddie Adams - Ohio
152 Eduardo Alicea - Ohio
165 Terrell Guasha - Ohio
201 Jordan Shimmell - Michigan

Jordan is not representing region 5 as he is here as an independent. The regional coordinators were told that they could not select the independents for points, but they could with the PAL, NMU and At Large boxers. You did forget to mention 112-Adan Ortiz is from Region 5. The Region 5 team (does not include Jordan) has 7 boxers in the semifinals. The next best region has 4 in the semis. If the NGG had a team, 7 of their champions (including Jordan) are in the semifinals.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:32 

Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 14:54
Posts: 4334
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
mr. detroit wrote:
i thought tyler lord wilder turned or was turning pro? dennis??? did you hear the same? and im looking forward to results of the GARZA/RIVERS bout. i think i have to side with rivers but it wont be easy! (edited:) sportssummary has her listed as "active" under there pro boxer listing but doesnt show a record. did she fight in the states dennis? did i miss something?

I hadn't heard that she was turning pro. She did not compete in the LBC tourney. She is here as the PAL representative. She won her bout last night and is in the finals tomorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:47 

Joined: 01 Jan 2006, 13:25
Posts: 296
Location: Houston, TX
Dennis wrote:
Jordan is not representing region 5 as he is here as an independent. The regional coordinators were told that they could not select the independents for points, but they could with the PAL, NMU and At Large boxers. You did forget to mention 112-Adan Ortiz is from Region 5. The Region 5 team (does not include Jordan) has 7 boxers in the semifinals. The next best region has 4 in the semis. If the NGG had a team, 7 of their champions (including Jordan) are in the semifinals.


Sigh...

If you count Spence and Fowler (P.A.L.), then TEXAS has 5 in semis...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:48 

Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 14:54
Posts: 4334
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
!! Shawn wrote:
boxmel wrote:
Quote:
Yes, someone does sign off, but the referee has the authority to DQ a boxer.

I heard that John Brown (Thompson's coach) filed a protest about Hunter's handwraps AFTER Thompson lost (just happened to have a check on him for the fee). There was also some question about Thompson's handwraps, so both sets were taken as evidence and, it seems, have disappeared. Grievance committee included Ringside employees and a unilateral decision was made by the chair to DQ Hunter.

Kinda fun, sitting here in So. Cal, watching the organization fall apart. Unfortunately, it's the athletes who bear the brunt of the dysfunctional bunch who are currently running USAB into the ground. I still wonder why the USOC hasn't moved to take over........


I talked with Joe Zanders about it, and initially Thompsons wrapped were measured at 15 yards 6 inches, which is just as illegal as 19 yards, and after he pointed that out, new measurement came back that indicated his wraps were less than 15 yards in length.

Zanders was the only member of the grievance committee to take a stand against the bullshit.

And yes, the grievance was filed after the Thompson lost.


It has been discovered that the 10 yard rolls are actually over 10 yards as are the 15 yard rolls. I think the companies want to ensure that they are giving buyers at least the length listed. So what are coaches to do? You can't just use the whole roll as you may exceed the limit of 15 yards per hand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:55 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
ringsidemike wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Jordan is not representing region 5 as he is here as an independent. The regional coordinators were told that they could not select the independents for points, but they could with the PAL, NMU and At Large boxers. You did forget to mention 112-Adan Ortiz is from Region 5. The Region 5 team (does not include Jordan) has 7 boxers in the semifinals. The next best region has 4 in the semis. If the NGG had a team, 7 of their champions (including Jordan) are in the semifinals.


Sigh...

If you count Spence and Fowler (P.A.L.), then TEXAS has 5 in semis...


yes sir mr.mike texas is looking to be the team to beat so how many of them are going to make the finals


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 14:56 

Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 14:54
Posts: 4334
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
If the gauze is uncut and all in one piece, then the coach has just used a roll of gauze. I don't think the coach and boxer should be punished if the roll is slightly over the maximum length. Now if the coach used "pads" and other pieces, there is no way to know if the coach used it from one roll or more than one roll. In Hunter's case, he used the Everlast gauze provided and I believe his coach used 2 rolls of the 10 yard (labeled) gauze per hand. It then shows an intent or knowledge that they were exceeding the 15 yard limit.

Tape is the bigger issue. I know some coaches use more than 6 feet of tape. The tape is easier to measure, but still not easy. I error on the side of using less so I don't have to worry about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:00 
Editor
Editor

Joined: 04 Oct 2003, 22:45
Posts: 3591
Location: Irvine, CA - USA
Quote:
In Hunter's case, he used the Everlast gauze provided and I believe his coach used 2 rolls of the 10 yard (labeled) gauze per hand. It then shows an intent or knowledge that they were exceeding the 15 yard limit.

Just out of curiosity - was this proven? I heard the handwraps disappeared before they could be thoroughly inspected.

Frankly, sounds like a case of JB sour grapes to me. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:15 

Joined: 19 Nov 2006, 14:54
Posts: 4334
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
boxmel wrote:
Quote:
In Hunter's case, he used the Everlast gauze provided and I believe his coach used 2 rolls of the 10 yard (labeled) gauze per hand. It then shows an intent or knowledge that they were exceeding the 15 yard limit.

Just out of curiosity - was this proven? I heard the handwraps disappeared before they could be thoroughly inspected.

Frankly, sounds like a case of JB sour grapes to me. 8)

I have no idea. I wasn't there and not privy to the measurements and the grievance process. I just heard from officials that his gauze measured at over 19 yards per hand.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 15:39 

Joined: 01 Jan 2006, 13:25
Posts: 296
Location: Houston, TX
panhandle boxing wrote:
ringsidemike wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Jordan is not representing region 5 as he is here as an independent. The regional coordinators were told that they could not select the independents for points, but they could with the PAL, NMU and At Large boxers. You did forget to mention 112-Adan Ortiz is from Region 5. The Region 5 team (does not include Jordan) has 7 boxers in the semifinals. The next best region has 4 in the semis. If the NGG had a team, 7 of their champions (including Jordan) are in the semifinals.


Sigh...

If you count Spence and Fowler (P.A.L.), then TEXAS has 5 in semis...


yes sir mr.mike texas is looking to be the team to beat so how many of them are going to make the finals


I'm gonna guess 3.. 2 or 3 is most likely.. 4 would be surprising, 1 would be repeat of GG and dissappointing..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 17:58 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
yeah im just wishing for the best for every fighter


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 19:07 

Joined: 11 Jun 2009, 18:59
Posts: 1
That Hunter fight was so WACK..
they wasnt countin none of homeboy points!

Then he still pulled it out and got Lenroy with a clean 1-2 with 2 seconds left..Then before he even got to his Corner JB calling the ref over and telling him to check hunters wraps BEFORE HIS GLOVES WERE EVEN OFF thats some crap

Aind HE did not use 19 YARDS of guaze so if you dont know what it was DONT POST IT
he supposedly used 4 FEET over the limit which would be 15.4 yards or whatever not 19 yards

this whole tournament wack and currupt
wonder why usaboxing.org hasnt been updated?

Hmmmm?

wow ametuer boxing is turning into a joke


REGION 3 ALL DAY!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 20:37 

Joined: 03 Jul 2008, 04:07
Posts: 125
Location: FoRt WoRtH, TeXaS
im guessing we will have maybe 3 from our texas team..im gonna include spence and fowler btw..I see spence, fowler, colvin and tony mack making it to the finals..haven't seen cochran, but I've heard great things about him..I would love to see our remaining texas guys win nationals, but it don't always happen that way..guess we will see what happens..good luck to all fighters, praying for the safety of all competitors..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:04 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
have the fights started


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:11 

Joined: 15 May 2009, 19:59
Posts: 44
just heard warren lost the tie breaker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:22 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
what other fights are done


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:27 

Joined: 28 Apr 2009, 07:53
Posts: 5
COACH J wrote:
just heard warren lost the tie breaker


Wow must of been a good fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:44 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
any results on the some of the fights


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:53 

Joined: 22 Jun 2008, 01:32
Posts: 87
Jesus Magdaleno over Raushee Warren
Jose Benavidez over Zeddie Adams
Duran Caferro over Yuandale Evans
Adon Ortiz over Adrian Ghisoiu


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:53 

Joined: 15 Nov 2008, 23:15
Posts: 63
go to usaboxing.org more results are on there.

wow there's some huge upsets!!
this has to be one of the craziest tournament results ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 22:58 

Joined: 22 Jun 2008, 01:32
Posts: 87
Kevin Rivers over Ernesto Garza


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:00 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
anything on the texas team


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:03 

Joined: 22 Jun 2008, 01:32
Posts: 87
Errol Spence over Richard Hargraves


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:06 

Joined: 02 Jun 2009, 15:51
Posts: 74
ZMOMMI wrote:
Errol Spence over Richard Hargraves


is their anymore that fought already


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:15 

Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 13:20
Posts: 116
How was Jose Benavidez Vs. Zeddie adams. Was it close?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: usa nationals
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2009, 23:31 

Joined: 22 Jun 2008, 01:32
Posts: 87
region 8 wrote:
How was Jose Benavidez Vs. Zeddie adams. Was it close?



Zeddie felt that there should not have been as big a gap on points, but Jose did beat him.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 317 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: