Acelino Freitas vs. Joel Casamayor
2002-01-12 : Acelino Freitas 129½ lbs beat Joel Casamayor 129½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Cox Pavilion, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Joe Cortez
- Judge: Robert Byrd 114-112
- Judge: Bill Graham 114-112
- Judge: Dave Moretti 114-112
- World Boxing Association Super Featherweight Title (7th defending of Casamayor)
- World Boxing Organization Junior Lightweight Title (7th defending of Freitas)
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- Weights: 129.5 lbs (each)
- Casamayor was down in round 3rd.
- Casamayor penalized a point in round 6th for hitting on the break. - Casamayor was cut on the left eye lid; Freitas over the right eye.