Acelino Freitas vs. Jorge Rodrigo Barrios
2003-08-09 : Acelino Freitas 130 lbs beat Jorge Rodrigo Barrios 129 lbs by TKO at 0:50 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Miami Arena, Miami, Florida, USA
- Referee: Jorge Alonso
- Judge: Peter Trematerra 105-105
- Judge: Dennis Nelson 106-103
- Judge: Guy Jutras 104-106
- World Boxing Association Super Featherweight Title (3rd defending of Freitas)
- World Boxing Organization Junior Lightweight Title (10th defending of Freitas)
- Time: 0:50
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- Weights: Freitas 130 lbs, Barrios 129 lbs
- Freitas was hit while off balance for a knockdown 2:36 into round 8.
- Freitas was knocked down by a left-right combination 0:42 in round 11 and spit out his mouthpiece.
- Barrios was knocked down by a huge right hand to the chin as the bell sounded at the end of round 11.
- Barrios was knocked down 0:10 into round 12.
- Barrios fell to his knees 0:44 into round 12. It was not ruled a knockdown, but he wobbled when he stood up, and the referee ended the bout 0:50 into round 12.
- Barrios had a ruptured ear drum after round six. He also had bad cuts around both eyes, and wiped on the referee's shirt toward the end. At the last knockdown in round 12 he was a battered mess. Freitas was unmarked.