Acelino Freitas vs. Juan Carlos Ramirez
2003-03-15 : Acelino Freitas 130 lbs beat Juan Carlos Ramirez 130 lbs by TKO at 0:19 in round 4 of 12
- Location: UIC Pavilion, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Referee: Genaro Rodriguez
- Judge: Medardo Villalobos
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Judge: Bill Lerch
- World Boxing Association Super Featherweight Title (2nd defending of Freitas)
- World Boxing Organization Junior Lightweight Title (9th defending of Freitas)
- Time: 0:19
- Weights: 130 lbs (each)
- The Unified Rules of Boxing applied
- Freitas was down in round 2nd. It was probably a slip.It was the third time down in his career.
- Ramires was down twice in round 3rd, with a disallowed one in between. At the round's end, Freitas was battering Ramirez in a corner. - The end came in 19 seconds of four, when Freitas battered Ramirez to the floor by the ropes, bringing a referee's stoppage without a count. - Both boxers slipped down and hit low during the power packed short bout. - In memory of his recently deceased father, Freitas wept uncontrollably in his model, wife's arms after the bout.