Adonis Stevenson vs. Anthony Bonsante
2008-08-01 : Adonis Stevenson 168 lbs beat Anthony Bonsante 167 lbs by KO at 0:46 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Gare Windsor Salle des Pas Perdus, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Gerry Bolen
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: Sylvain Leblanc
- Judge: Jack Woodburn
- WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Title (1st defense of Stevenson)
- Time: 0:46
- Weights: Stevenson 168 lbs, Bonsante 167 lbs
- Fight Aired on: ESPN Friday Night Fights
Stevenson scored a knockdown with a straight left to the head early in the opening round. Bonsante was motionless on the canvas for five seconds with his eyes closed, seemingly "out of it." Simultaneously, Referee Bolen called off the bout at the count of six while Bonsante suddenly rose strong and alert. Bonsante protested to Bolen the stoppage, insisting that he was entitled to a mandatory eight-count. The two shouted at each other for a short time, Bolen ultimately choosing not to reverse his decision.
- Bonsante told journalist Benny Henderson Jr. moments after the fight ended that he had been down but not out, and that as he lay on his back, "I was debating on getting up at the count of six or seven, It was a good shot, but I was not out!"