Adonis Stevenson vs. Dhafir Smith
2008-04-05 : Adonis Stevenson 168 lbs beat Dhafir Smith 168 lbs by TKO at 0:40 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Montreal Casino, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel
- Judge: Claude Paquette
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- Vacant WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Title
- Judges' Scoring: 40-34, 40-34, 40-34, all in favour of Stevenson at the time of stoppage.
- Time: 0:40
- Weights: Stevenson 168 lbs, Smith 168 lbs
- Title had been vacated by Ricardo Mayorga.
- Smith down twice in round 4 from body punches. He appeared to be saved by the bell at the end of that round, and was on unsteady legs going back to his corner.
- Stevenson immediately pounces upon Smith at the beginning of round 5, and sends him to the canvas twice more in the opening minute. Referee Griffin has seen enough and calls a halt to the bout.