Adonis Stevenson vs. Jermain Mackey
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2009-09-25 : Adonis Stevenson 166 lbs beat Jermain Mackey 167¾ lbs by TKO at 0:20 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Bell Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Adrio Zannoni
- Judge: Jean Lapointe
- Judge: Sylvain Leblanc
- Judge: Claude Paquette
- WBC International Super Middleweight Title (Vacant Title)
- Time: 0:20
- Title had been vacated by Robert Stieglitz in order to pursue a WBO Super Middleweight title fight against Karoly Balzsay.
- Mackey down at the end of round 4.
- Before the start of round 5, the ringside physician has a long discussion with Mackey before finally deciding to let him continue fighting.
- However, barely 20 seconds into round 5, the referee comes to the conclusion that Mackey is overmatched and calls a halt to the fight.