Adrian Diaconu vs. Rico Hoye
2007-05-09 : Adrian Diaconu 174¾ lbs beat Rico Hoye 174½ lbs by TKO at 0:32 in round 3 of 12
- Location: Studio Mel's, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Michael Griffin
- Judge: George DeGabriel
- Judge: Gary Merritt
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio
- WBC Light Heavyweight Title Eliminator
- WBC International Light Heavyweight Title (Diaconu's 2nd defense)
- Trans America Boxing (TAB) Light Heavyweight Title (Diaconu's 1st defense)
- Time: 0:32
- Aired on: ESPN Friday Night Fights
- Diaconu dominated, scoring a knockdown through the ropes with a right to the head in round two.
- He scored a second knockdown with a left hook to the head in round two, and duplicated it in round three, where the referee stopped the bout.
- He also inflicted a serious cut over the left eye in round two, which bled heavily in the third round barrage.
- Diaconu led in blows 42/75 56%, to Hoye's 17/66 26%. Fifteen of the scoring blows were left hooks to the head.