Akifumi Shimoda vs. Rico Ramos
2011-07-09 : Akifumi Shimoda 121½ lbs lost to Rico Ramos 122 lbs by KO at 2:46 in round 7 of 12
- Location: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Benjy Esteves Jr.
- Judge: Barbara Perez 59-55
- Judge: George Hill 60-54
- Judge: John Stewart 59-55
- World Boxing Association World Super Bantamweight Title (1st defense by Shimoda)
- Akifumi Shimoda 23-2-1 (10 KOs) vs. Rico Ramos 19-0 (10 KOs)
- Shimoda, a 1.6/1 betting underdog , entered as the # 2 junior featherweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Ramos was unranked by the same publication. 
- For Shimoda, it was just his second professional bout outside his native Japan.
- A left hand to the jaw put Shimoda down and flat on his back in Round 7. He remained down as the count was reached. At the time of the knockout, Ramos trailed heavily on all three cards.