From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
- On April 30, 1971, Robinson lapsed into a coma, after complaining that he was feeling ill after a workout at the New Oakland Boxing Club. Robinson never came out of the coma, and died on January 24, 1974.
Robinson won the Silver Medal representing United States at the 1968 Summer Olympics in Mexico City, Mexico, boxing as a Featherweight (57 kg). His results were:
- Round of 32 - Defeated Johnny Cheshire (Great Britain) KO 2
- Round of 16 - Defeated Teogenes Pelegrino (Philippines) KO 2
- Quarterfinal - Defeated Abdelhadi Khallafallah (Egypt) 5-0
- Semifinal - Defeated Ivan Mikhailov (Bulgaria) 4-1
- Final - Lost to Antonio Roldan (Mexico) DQ 2