Albert Selimov (Kaspiysk, 5 april 1986) is a Russian amateur lightweight (130 lbs) boxer best known for winning the European championship in 2006 and the World Championships 2007, both at featherweight. Selimov won a bronze medal at the 2009 World Amateur Championships as a lightweight.
At the World championships in 2007 southpaw counterpuncher Selimov beat American southpaw Raynell Williams and won against Yakup Kılıç by walkover to reach the finals. There he outpointed Ukrainian Vasyl Lomachenko, another southpaw.
Selimov qualified for the 2008 Beijing Olympic games as a featherweight, drawing Lomachenko in the first round.
World Amateur Championship results
2007 (as a featherweight)
- Defeated Iulian Stan (Romania) RSC 1
- Defeated Marcel Herfurth (Germany) 30-6
- Defeated Bahodirjon Sultonov (Uzbekistan) 24-9
- Defeated Raynell Williams (United States) 25-8
- Defeated Yakup Kılıç (Turkey) WO
- Defeated Vasyl Lomachenko (Ukraine) 16:11
2009 (as a lightweight)
- Defeated Mohammad Aziz (Afghanistan) 25-1
- Defeated Erick Bone (Ecuador) 18-0
- Defeated Saylom Ardee (Thailand) 14-8
- Defeated Éverton Lopes (Brazil) 17-2
- Lost to José Pedraza (Puerto Rico) 5-9 (semifinal match)
Olympic Games results
2008 (as a featherweight)
- Lost to Vasyl Lomachenko (Ukraine) 7-14