Aleksy Kuziemski vs. Juergen Braehmer
2009-08-22 : Aleksy Kuziemski 173¾ lbs lost to Juergen Braehmer 174½ lbs by TKO at 0:39 in round 11 of 12
- Location: SYMA Sport & Leisure Center, Budapest, Hungary
- Referee: Genaro Rodriguez
- Judge: Fernando Laguna
- Judge: Manuel Oliver Palomo
- Judge: Michael Pernick
- Interim WBO Light Heavyweight Title (vacant)
- Aleksy Kuziemski 17-0 (4 KOs) vs. Juergen Braehmer 33-2 (27 KOs)
- Kuziemski entered as the WBO # 3 light heavyweight contender, while Braehmer entered as the WBO # 5 light heavyweight contender.
German Southpaw Juergen Braehmer, who won the European Light Heavyweight title earlier in 2009, won the interim WBO Light heavyweight title with an eleventh round stoppage of 17-0 Aleksy Kuziemski. Braehmer, 33-2, 27 kayos, out of Schwerin, Germany, who had never fought outside of Germany nor who who had ever fought an unbeaten fighter in his 35 bout career, won easily. Poland's Kuzmiemski, a Braehmer stablemate fighting out of Hamburg, Germany, appeared to win the first and fourth rounds with alot of straight punches, but the other rounds were all Braehmer landing powerful rights. The more experienced Braehmer dropped a weak defense Kuzmiemski in the second round, the fourth round, the fifth round, and finished him with a right uppercut at 0:39 of the eleventh round as Kuzmiemski's corner immediately threw in the towel with Kuzmiemski on the canvas down and out. With this win, Braehmer earned a shot at the 30-0 WBO regular champion Zsolt Erdei in December.