Alexander Povetkin vs. Eddie Chambers
2008-01-26 : Alexander Povetkin 227¼ lbs beat Eddie Chambers 219½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Tempodrom, Kreuzberg, Berlin, Germany
- Referee: Steve Smoger
- Judge: Deon Dwarte 117-111
- Judge: Alejandro Lopez Cid 119-109
- Judge: Phil Edwards 116-112
- International Boxing Federation Heavyweight Title Eliminator
- Weights: Povetkin 227.25 lbs, Chambers 219.5 lbs
- Aired on: HBO Boxing After Dark, ARD
- Promoters: Sauerland Event/Goossen Tutor
- Announcer: Michael Buffer
Povetkin was much busier early and landed the heavier punches, but when he counterpunched, the technically sound Chambers landed some very clean shots. Povetkin picked up the pace as the bout progressed and outworked Chambers by a wide margin in the middle rounds. Entering the championship rounds, Povetkin brought heavy pressure in rounds eleven and twelve as he cruised to a victory.
- Final part of the IBF heavyweight title elimination tournament
- Povetkin became the mandatory challenger for IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko.