Alfredo Angulo vs. Harry Joe Yorgey
2009-11-07 : Alfredo Angulo 153½ lbs beat Harry Joe Yorgey 153¼ lbs by KO at 1:03 in round 3 of 12
- Location: XL Center, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Johnny Callas
- Judge: John Lawson 19-17
- Judge: Julie Lederman 19-18
- Judge: Don Trella 19-18
- Interim WBO Light Heavyweight Title (vacant)
- Alfredo Angulo 16-1 (13 KOs) vs. Harry Joe Yorgey 22-0-1 (10 KOs)
- Angulo entered as the WBO # 4 light middleweight contender, while Yorgey entered as the WBO # 5 light middleweight contender.
In a bout for the interim WBO light middleweight title, Alfredo Angulo landed a monster left hook followed by a right hand which knocked out 22-0-1 Harry Joe Yorgey. Angulo, 16-1, 13 KOs, a Mexican fighting out of Coachella, California, took a lot of shots in the first half of the first round, then landed most of the punches in the second half of round one as Yorgey tired. Angulo knocked Yorgey down in the second round, and had him staggering around. Yorgey was taking a barrage of unanswered punches in the third when the left hook landed. The right hand landed as Yorgey was on the way down, knocked out. Yorgey, Bridgeport, Pennsylvania, fell to 22-1-1, 10 KOs.