Andy Ruiz Jr. vs. Jonte Willis
2012-07-07 : Andy Ruiz Jr 255½ lbs beat Jonte Willis 215 lbs by TKO at 0:54 in round 8 of 8
- Location: Home Depot Center, Carson, California, USA
- Referee: Wayne Hedgepeth
- Judge: Barry Druxman
- Judge: Jack Reiss
- Judge: Fritz Werner
- Ring Announcer: Lupe Contreras
Andy Ruiz Jr. picked up his fifteenth win in as many fights by forcing a stoppage against Jonte Willis in the sixth and final round. Ruiz Jr. displayed good hand speed for his size and threw power punches both to the head and body of Willis en route to the victory. Ruiz Jr. wobbled his opponent in Round 2 with a straight right hand and nearly closed the right eye of Willis in the round. Willis, whose nose was bloodied in the fourth, was knocked down in Round 5 from a short right hand. In the opening minute of Round 6, Ruiz Jr. landed three consecutive clean right hands to the head of Willis, who was hurt and against the ropes, that caused the referee to step in and wave an end to the bout.
- Andy Ruiz Jr. 14-0 (8 KOs) vs. Jonte Willis 8-3-1 (3 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Nonito Donaire vs. Jeffrey Mathebula.
- Willis entered with a record of 1-3-1 in his previous five, including a split decision loss three months prior to Denis Bakhtov (33-7).