Anthony Hanshaw vs. Jean Paul Mendy
2007-01-05 : Anthony Hanshaw 167 lbs drew with Jean-Paul Mendy 167 lbs by SD in round 12 of 12
- Location: DeSoto Civic Center, Southaven, Mississippi, USA
- Referee: Randy Phillips
- Judge: Reccia Mullins 115-113
- Judge: Gary Ritter 114-114
- Judge: Gerald Deming 113-115
- Hanshaw was able to force the fight and bull Mendy on the ropes, although Mendy landed clean counters. The fight itself was sloppy at times as Hanshaw had trouble getting through Mendy's guard, while Mendy tended to flail with his punches.
- Hanshaw appeared to be rocked in round 9 from a right hook, but Mendy was stunned as well in round 10 from a series of head shots.
- Hanshaw was cut over the eye in round 12 from a headbutt.