Armand Savoie vs. Arthur King (2nd meeting)
1953-06-08 : Armand Savoie 132½ lbs lost to Arthur King 134¼ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Maple Leaf Gardens, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Bobby Laurence
- Canadian Lightweight Title (2nd defense of Savoie)
- Attendance: 7,000
- Coming into this fight, King was ranked #4 at Lightweight by The Ring Magazine, while Savoie was ranked #5 by the same publication.
- While the fight was also billed as a defense by King of the Commonwealth Lightweight title, King had in fact been stripped of same both before for failure to defend against a mandatory challenger.
- The crowd booed much of the action in the fight. Afterward, Savoie stated (according to the Ottawa Citizen): "The guy is just a better fighter than I am. That crowd didn't like the way we were fighting and I tried to make a fight out of it, but King just held and clutched. I wouldn't have been surprised if the referee had stopped it and called the whole thing a no contest".
Savoie vs. Cantor IV
| Canadian Lightweight Title Fight
Howard vs. Savoie II