Name: Armando Muniz
Alias: El Hombre / The Man
Birth Name: Armando Muñíz
Hometown: Los Angeles, California, USA
Height: 5′ 6″ / 168cm
Reach: 68½″ / 174cm
Boxing Record: click
Manager: Jake Horn, Vic Weiss
Trainer: Louie Jauregui
Armando Muniz Gallery
- Represented the United States in the welterweight class at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics. He was eliminated in the quarter-finals.
- 1969 and 1970 National AAU Welterweight Champion.
- Drafted into the United States Army in 1968.
- Fought for the World Welterweight Championship four times, losing twice to Jose Napoles and twice to Carlos Palomino.
- Appeared as an actor on a 1979 episode of the TV series Taxi and in the 1988 film Midnight Run.
- Inducted into the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1993.
- Elected to serve a two-year term as President of the World Boxing Hall of Fame in 2005. Muniz was elected to serve another two-year term in 2009.
- Attended Cerritos College and earned a wrestling scholarship to UCLA. Muniz earned a degree in Spanish from Cal State University and later received a Masters in Educational Administration from National University.
- Worked as a math and Spanish teacher for 23 years at Rubidoux High School in Riverside, California. Muniz also served as the school's wrestling coach for 21 years. He retired in 2008.