Name: Arthur Chambers
Birthplace: Salford, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Died: 1923-04-08 (Age:75)
Hometown: Salford, Lancashire, United Kingdom
Height: 5′ 4½″ / 164cm
Boxing Record: click
- Mechanics Delight Boxing Card
- Chambers served in the Queen's Royal Navy before turning to boxing.
- In retirement, Chambers remained active in the boxing world, serving as advisor and backer of John L. Sullivan, and also opened a bar in Philadelphia.
- Date of death often mis-stated as being May 25, 1925. He died April 8, 1923 at Philadelphia, PA.
- Inducted into the Ring Boxing Hall of Fame in 1954
- Index finger on his left hand was amputated on April 21, 1877. Not the middle finger as some sources claim, which can be confirmed by looking at the photo.