Arturo Gatti vs. Thomas Damgaard
2006-01-28 : Arturo Gatti 147 lbs beat Thomas Damgaard 147 lbs by TKO at 2:54 in round 11 of 12
- Location: Boardwalk Hall, Atlantic City, New Jersey, USA
- Referee: Lindsey Page
- Judge: Eugene Grant 100-90
- Judge: John Poturaj 99-91
- Judge: Paul Venti 98-92
- IBA Welterweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 2:54
- Weights: 147 lbs (each)
- This was a competitive fight despite the scoring.
- Gatti controlled the action with superior handspeed and technique, but Damgaard fought well and landed several good shots throughout the fight.
- Gatti's punching power eventually wore the extremely tough Damgaard down in round 11 and forced the referee to halt the fight.