Austin Trout vs. Saul Alvarez
2013-04-20 : Austin Trout 153¼ lbs lost to Saul Alvarez 153½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Alamodome, San Antonio, Texas, USA
- Referee: Laurence Cole
- Judge: Rey Danseco 112-115
- Judge: Stanley Christodoulou 109-118
- Judge: Oren Shellenberger 111-116
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime (Main Event)
- Attendance: 39,247
- 2nd Weigh-In: Alvarez 172 lbs., Trout 171 lbs.
- Promoters: Golden Boy Promotions, Canelo Promotions
- World Boxing Council Light Middleweight Title (6th defense by Alvarez)
- World Boxing Association World Light Middleweight Title (5th defense by Trout)
- The Ring Magazine Junior Middleweight Title (vacant)
- Saul Alvarez 41-0-1 (30 KOs) vs. Austin Trout 26-0 (14 KOs)
- Alvarez entered as the # 2 junior middleweight contender in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Trout, a 1.8-to-1 betting underdog, was ranked as the # 3 junior middleweight contender by the same publication. At the time of the fight, Floyd Mayweather Jr. was ranked the #1 contender at both junior middleweight and welterweight.  
- Alvarez held a rematch clause in the contract if wanted. Trout did not have a rematch clause.
- A moment of silence was held prior to the fight for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombings on April 15th and the victims of the fertilizer plant explosion on April 17th in West, Texas.
- Among those in attendance were Oscar De La Hoya, Erik Morales, Miguel Cotto, Alfredo Angulo, Ishe Smith, Paul Malignaggi, the NFL's Ray Lewis, and the NBA's Tony Parker, Dwight Howard, and Metta World Peace.
- The bout utilized a semi-open scoring system in which each corner was given the scores after the fourth and eighth rounds.
- ESPN's Dan Rafael scored the bout 114-113 in favor of Alvarez. Al Bernstein scored it a 114-114 draw.
- A straight-right hand preceded by a jab buckled the legs of Trout and sent him down for the first time in his career in the early seconds of the seventh round.