Bakary Sako vs. Antonin Decarie
2006-03-03 : Antonin Decarie 144½ lbs beat Bakary Sako 144 lbs by UD in round 8 of 8
- Location: Salle Antoine-Labelle, Laval, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Marlon Wright
- Judge: Richard DeCarufel 79-72
- Judge: Sylvain Leblanc 79-72
- Judge: Pasquale Procopio 79-72
Weights: Decarie 144.5 lbs, Sako 144 lbs
- Décarie lost one point for hitting below the belt in round 8.
- Sako was initially slated to defend his Quebec Boxing Council Light Welterweight title. However, Sako refused to defend the belt unless his purse was augmented, and Decarie's promoter refused to do so. As the rules of the Quebec Boxing Council allow for a title fight to be held within three pounds of a category's weight limit, this fight had to occur above 143 lbs to ensure that Sako was not stripped of his title.
- After his victory, Decarie was awarded an honorary belt by Quebec Boxing Council president Francois Picanza.