Bernard Hopkins vs. Antwun Echols (1st meeting)
1999-12-12 : Antwun Echols 160 lbs lost to Bernard Hopkins 158½ lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Miccosukee Indian Gaming Resort, Miami, Florida, USA
- Referee: Frank Santore Jr
- Judge: Bill Ray 109-119
- Judge: Vaughn LaPrade 110-118
- Judge: John Rupert 110-118
- International Boxing Federation Middleweight Title (Hopkins' 10th defense)
- Weights: Hopkins 158.5 lbs, Echols 160 lbs
- Echols lands a right hand while the referee is administering a break, knocking down Hopkins. The referee gives Echols a warning for hitting on the break.
- Echols was ranked #1 IBF Middleweight contender.
Hopkins vs. Allen II
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. Vanderpool