Bernard Hopkins vs. Antwun Echols (2nd meeting)
2000-12-01 : Bernard Hopkins 158½ lbs beat Antwun Echols 160 lbs by TKO at 1:42 in round 10 of 12
- Location: Venetian Hotel & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Tony Weeks
- Judge: Bill Graham 89-78
- Judge: Dave Moretti 89-78
- Judge: Robert Byrd 89-78
- International Boxing Federation Middleweight Title (Hopkins' 12th defense)
- Time: 1:42
- Weights: Hopkins 158.5 lbs, Echols 160 lbs
- Echols deducted two points in the 6th for bodyslamming Hopkins to the canvas, dislocating his shoulder.
- Hopkins chooses to fight on rather than win by disqualification.
- Echols down in the 7th.
- Hopkins deducted a point in the 8th for holding behind the head.
- Echols was ranked #1 IBF Middleweight contender.
Hopkins vs. Vanderpool
| IBF Middleweight Title Fight
Hopkins vs. Holmes