Bernard Hopkins vs. Ronald Wright
2007-07-21 : Bernard Hopkins 170 lbs beat Ronald Wright 170 lbs by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Robert Byrd
- Judge: Glen Hamada 116-112
- Judge: Dave Moretti 117-111
- Judge: Glenn Trowbridge 117-111
- Aired on: HBO Pay-Per-View
- Hopkins opened a gash over Wright's left eye with an accidental butt in the third round.
- HBO's Harold Lederman scored the bout a draw.
- The Associated Press scored the bout 115-113 for Hopkins.
- The loss ends Wright's 7 year unbeaten streak.
- Hopkins shoved Wright in the face at the weigh-in for their fight, sparking a heated scuffle between their entourages.
- Catchweight: 170 lbs
- This fight was for The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight championship belt.