Bert Cooper vs. Tony Fulilangi
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
1988-03-19 : Bert Cooper 191¾ lbs beat Tony Fulilangi 192¾ lbs by TKO at 2:44 in round 4 of 12
- Location: Caesars Palace, Sports Pavilion, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Toby Gibson
- NABF Cruiserweight Title (4th defense of Cooper)
- Time: 2:44
- Fulilangi was cut on the side of the nose by a Cooper punch in round 3.
- At the time of stoppage, Cooper was up 30-27 on all three scorecards.
- The end came in round 4. As Fulilangi landed with both hands, Cooper responded with a right hand to the head that sent Fulilangi sprawling onto the canvas. Fulilangi landed on his side and struggled to his feet by the count of 9. When the referee, Toby Gibson, asked Fulilangi whether he was all right, Fulilangi said he was. But Gibson took a long look at Fulilangi, and ended the fight.
Cooper vs. McCall
| NABF Cruiserweight Title Fight
Cooper vs. Morrison