Blair Richardson vs. Wilf Greaves (3rd meeting)
1963-05-04 : Blair Richardson beat Wilf Greaves by UD in round 12 of 12
- Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Judge: Don Kerr 7-4
- Judge: Alex Nickerson 5-4
- Judge: Harold Johnson 6-4
- Canadian Middleweight Title (1st defense of Richardson)
- After this brutal fight, Richardson was hospitalized for a full day.
HALIFAX (CP) - The Leader Post May 7, 1963. Blair Richardson, Canadian middleweight champion, was released from the hospital Monday and left for Boston where he is writing examinations as a divinity student. Richardson, of South Bar, N.S., was taken to the hospital for a checkup shortly after he defended his title against Wiifie Greaves of Edmonton and Detroit Saturday night. Richardson, who won a unanimous 12-round decision, was badly beaten by the challenger in the late rounds. X-rays Sunday revealed no head injuries but Richardson was kept in the hospital for rest.
Greaves vs. Richardson II
| Canadian Middleweight Title Fight
Richardson vs. Brothers