Name: Bobby Hitz
Hometown: Chicago, Illinois, USA
Boxing Record: click
- Most notable opponents were former world heavyweight Champion George Foreman and top heavyweight contender Pierre Coetzer.
- Hitz' correct boxing record was 21-4 with one no-contest (David Hopkins, result overturned by the Wisconsin Athletic Commission, after Hopkins tried to body slam him and broke Hitz' right ankle during the bout). Took 29 weeks to heal. Then took the Pierre Coetzer bout, a World Boxing Organization world heavyweight title eliminator, on only one week's notice right after the cast had come off his ankle.
- Fights missing from his BoxRec record include: Bill Hamreich (KO 1), rematch with Virgil Bender (KO 1), rematch with Ernest Clark (KO 1).
- Hitz won the Chicago Golden Gloves at Super Heavyweight in 1983 with a three round unanimous decision over Ernest Clark.
- Born Robert Joseph Hitzelberger, St. Anne's Hospital, Chicago, Illinois, September 30, 1962. Family history link 
- Has three sisters and a brother. Divorced. Has one son, Robert Joseph Hitz Jr., a high school senior in Chicago who plays Varsity Football for Park River Forest High School.
- Today Bobby Hitz is a top boxing promoter based out of Chicago.
- Hitz Boxing website 
- Hitz Boxing on Facebook 
- History as a promoter: