Bobby Lee Hunter
Name: Bobby Lee Hunter
Birthplace: Charleston, South Carolina, USA
Hometown: Denver, Colorado, USA
Boxing Record: click
- On June 1, 1967, Hunter was convicted of manslaughter; he was sentenced to 18 years for manslaughter. He fatally stabbed a man in a snack-bar scuffle in Do As You Choose Alley, a Charlestion, S.C. ghetto, according to a June 26, 1972, Time magazine article.
- As an amateur boxer Bobby Lee Hunter fought out of South Carolina, while serving a prison term.
- Competed in 1970 National AAU at Trenton, NJ.
- Hunter won the National AAU Flyweight title in 1971 and 1972.
- Aug 1971: Won Bronze at 1971 Pan Am Games at Cali, Colombia.
- Hunter lost in the finals of the 1972 Olympic Trials to Tim Dement.
- Released after 6 years of his 18-year term.
- Arrested in March 1977 and again in May 1977 for assault, leading to his indictment in September.