Name: Boone Kirkman
Alias: Boom Boom
Birth Name: Daniel Victor Kirkman
Birthplace: Vallejo, California, USA
Hometown: Renton, Washington, USA
Height: 6′ 1″ / 185cm
Boxing Record: click
Managers: Jack Hurley, Sal Algieri
- Amateur record was 27-6
- 1965 Northwest Diamond Belt Heavyweight Champion
- 1965 National AAU Heavyweight Champion
- Ranked as high as seventh in the world by Ring Magazine, 'The Great White Hope' between Rocky Marciano and Gerry Cooney.
- Gave evening workout exhibitions at Renton's Melrose Tavern Bar, which he co-owned during his career.
- As of 2005, Kirkman, 60 years old, was working as a truck driver for Boeing in the Seattle area.[]. He retired from Boeing in 2010.
- Broke one of George Foreman's ribs going the four round distance in Foreman's infamous four fighter exhibition in Toronto in 1977.
- Fought final exhibition against Gerry Cooney in 1983. An out of shape Kirkman did not answer the bell for round four.
- Married with two children and three grandchildren, Kirkman is today an accomplished mountain climber.