Brad Solomon vs. Hector Munoz
2012-07-07 : Brad Solomon 147 lbs beat Hector Munoz 147½ lbs by UD in round 8 of 8
- Location: Home Depot Center, Carson, California, USA
- Referee: Jose Cobian
- Judge: Fritz Werner 79-71
- Judge: Jack Reiss 78-72
- Judge: Carla Caiz 77-73
Brad Solomon returned to action following an extended layoff and remained unbeaten against a game, but outgunned Hector Munoz. Solomon used speed and movement, and punched in bursts to pile up points against continued pressure from Munoz. A combination capped with a straight right hand from Solomon put Munoz on his backside for a two-count in Round 2 and a clash of heads opened a cut over the right eye of Munoz in Round 4. Solomon was deducted a point for a low blow in Round 7, following a pair of warnings earlier in the fight.
- Brad Solomon 17-0 (7 KOs) vs. Hector Munoz 20-7-1 (13 KOs)
- Fight was on the undercard of Nonito Donaire vs. Jeffrey Mathebula.
- It was the first fight for Solomon in over one year and three months.
- Munoz entered with a record of 2-6 in his previous eight, with four losses by knockout.