Brooke Wellby vs. Rico Tan
From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
2003-11-15 : Brooke Wellby 146 lbs beat Rico Tan 145¼ lbs by KO at 2:37 in round 6 of 12
- Location: Brampton Center, Brampton, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Dave Dunbar
- Judge: William Boodhoo
- Judge: Harry Davis
- Judge: Alan Davis
- Vacant Canadian Welterweight Title
- Time: 2:37
- Weights: Wellby 146 lbs, Tan 145.2 lbs
- Title had been vacated by Hercules Kyvelos.
- Going into the fight, Tan was ranked #1 at Welterweight by the Canadian Boxing Federation, while Wellby was ranked #3.
- Tan retired after this fight.
- A movie entitled "Last Man Standing" chronicles both fighters' journey into this fight.
Vanderpool vs. Kyvelos
| Canadian Welterweight Title Fight
Wellby vs. Sukerow