Bruce Seldon vs. Joe Hipp
1995-08-19 : Bruce Seldon 234 lbs beat Joe Hipp 223 lbs by TKO at 1:47 in round 10 of 12
- Location: MGM Grand, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Richard Steele
- Judge: Fernando Viso 88-84
- Judge: Jerry Roth 87-84
- Judge: Arturo Sánchez 88-84
- World Boxing Association Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Seldon)
- Seldon's purse was $700,000 and Hipp's was $180,000.
- Tim Dahlberg of the Associated Press reported on August 20, 1995:
- Bruce Seldon, fighting in the shadow of Mike Tyson's return to the ring, used his jab to stop a bloodied Joe Hipp in the 10th round Saturday night to retain his WBA heavyweight title. Hipp was bleeding from a big cut under his left eye and his right eye was swollen shut when referee Richard Steele finally moved in to stop the scheduled 12-round bout at 1:47 of the 10th round.