Carl Froch vs. Jermain Taylor
2009-04-25 : Carl Froch 167 lbs beat Jermain Taylor 166 lbs by TKO at 2:46 in round 12 of 12
- Location: Foxwoods Resort, Mashantucket, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Mike Ortega
- Judge: Nobuaki Uratani 102-106
- Judge: Omar Mintun 102-106
- Judge: Jack Woodburn 106-102
- Time: 2:46
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing (Main Event)
- World Boxing Council Super Middleweight Title (1st defense by Froch)
- Taylor came in ranked as the # 5 super middleweight in the world by The Ring Magazine. Froch, despite being the champion, was ranked one spot below Taylor at # 6 in the world.
- It was only the second time that Froch had fought outside his native United Kingdom. The other being a 2005 bout in California against Henry Porras.
- Froch was knocked down late in the third round, the first time he had ever been down in his career.
- Froch staggered Taylor early in round 12. After outscoring Taylor 34 blows to three, he put him down with a barrage of blows, featuring many rights to the head. Taylor barely arose at nine with 0:29 remaining. Taylor had no defense for nine more damaging blows, and the referee stopped the bout at 2:46.