Carl Tremaine vs. Eddie Gallagher
1921-05-10 : Carl Tremaine beat Eddie Gallagher by TKO in round 4 of 15
- Location: Arena, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
- Referee: Sgt. Major Blake
- Canadian Featherweight Title
- Champion Frankie Fleming had not defended his title in more than two years, so the Canadian authorities gave him an ultimatum to defend the title by the end of May 1921 or be stripped. This fight was organized to crown an "alternate champion" who would take on full distinction if Fleming did not meet the ultimatum. Fleming ultimately kept his title as a result of his successful defense against Freddie Jacks less than two weeks later.
- Gallagher down 4 times during the fight.
- According to the Globe & Mail, "Gallagher was game but Tremaine just outclassed him in every way".
Fleming vs. Burns
| Canadian Featherweight Title Fight
Fleming vs. Jacks