From Boxrec Boxing Encyclopaedia
Name: Carl Vinciquerra
Died: 1997-11-10 (Age:83)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Height: 6′ 1″ / 185cm
Boxing Record: click
- Vinciquerra starred as a fullback at Omaha Tech High School, making the state Roll of Honor in December 1933. He then played football at Creighton University. He was a teammate of Paul Hartnek, who gave him his first boxing instructions and whom he later fought as amateur and pro.
- Vinciquerra won the light-heavyweight championship (175 lb) at the 9th Annual Chicago Golden Gloves Tournament of Champions, held February-March 1936 at Chicago.
- Lost in NY-Chi InterCity to George Brothers, Mar 23, 1936.
- Won spot on 1936 Olympic team, defeating William Townsend at Chicago, May 20, 1936. Lost to Mohammed Amin of Egypt on points in his opening round match, Aug 10, 1936.
- Won Midwest Golden Gloves AAU at Omaha on Feb 16, 1937 with decision win over Paul Hartnek.
- Elected to Midwest Boxing Hall of Fame (Omaha, NE), Feb. 1976