Carlos Quintana vs. Paul Williams (2nd meeting)
2008-06-07 : Carlos Quintana 146 lbs lost to Paul Williams 145¾ lbs by TKO at 2:15 in round 1 of 12
- Location: Mohegan Sun Casino, Uncasville, Connecticut, USA
- Referee: Eddie Claudio
- Judge: Glenn Feldman
- Judge: Don Trella
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld
- World Boxing Organization Welterweight Title (1st defense of Quintana)
- Time: 2:15
- Weights: Quintana 146 lbs, Williams 145.75 lbs
- Aired on: Showtime Championship Boxing
- Williams landed a three punch combination on Quintana, as he was forced to clinch to hold on. A big right hand from Williams which landed flush on the jaw rocked Quintana. Williams connected with a big left hook that put Quintana on the canvas. Quintana was able to answer the eight count of the referee, but was soon greeted by even more punishment from Williams. Another huge left hook then put Quintana into the ropes and back down again on the canvas. Without the ability to show he was able to defend himself, the referee had seen enough and called for the bell before the end of the first round.
- See also: Williams vs. Quintana I.