Carlos Teo Cruz
Name: Carlos Teo Cruz
Birth Name: Carlos Teofilo Rosario Cruz
Birthplace: Santiago de los Caballeros, Dominican Republic
Died: 1970-02-15 (Age:32)
Nationality: Dominican Republic
Hometown: Dominican Republic
Height: 5′ 6½″ / 169cm
Reach: 68″ / 173cm
Boxing Record: click
Trainer: Saso Betancourt
Manager: Pete Martinez
- Cruz's father, Francisco Rosario Almonte was an army officer in the Dominican military.
- Cruz said he didn't put on his first pair of boxing gloves until his 20th birthday.
- Cruz said he began his fistic career with an unsanctioned 4 round victory over a fighter known as "Bolivar".
- Cruz fought as an amateur from 1957-1959, posting a 14-3 record.
- Cruz met his wife, Mildred Ortiz in the town of Rio Piedras in Puerto Rico. They were married in 1961 when Ortiz was 14 years old.
- Cruz had two children; Carlos, Jr. (born 1962), and Hermina (born 1963).
- Carlos Teo Cruz, 32, his wife Mildred, and his two children, Carlos, Jr. and his daughter Hermina all died in a plane crash.
- Cruz was scheduled to fight Roger Zami in Paris, then Rodolfo Gonzalez in Los Angeles at the time of his death.
| WBA Lightweight Champion
WBC Lightweight Champion
1968 Jun 29 – 1969 Feb 18