Carmen Basilio vs. Sugar Ray Robinson (2nd meeting)
1958-03-25 : Carmen Basilio 153 lbs lost to Sugar Ray Robinson 159¾ lbs by SD in round 15 of 15
- Location: Chicago Stadium, Chicago, Illinois, USA
- Referee: Frank Sikora 69-66
- Judge: John Bray 64-71
- Judge: Franklin Spike McAdams 64-72
- Unofficial AP scorecard: 63-70
- World Middleweight Championship (1st defense by Basilio)
- Photo #2, Photo #3, Photo #4, Photo #5, Photo #6
- There was a crowd of 17,976.
- The gross gate was $351,955 and the net gate was $278,108.
- Each fighter collected 30% of the net gate, an estimated $300,000 from closed circuit TV and $30,000 from the national radio broadcast.
- Basilio's left eye was swollen shut. The Associated Press reported: "By the time the sixth round started, there was scarcely a slit in the champion's puffed eye."
- A ringside poll had 28 writers scoring the fight for Robinson, one favoring Basilio and one calling it even.
- The fight was named The Ring Fight of the Year for 1958.