Name: Chuck Adkins
Died: 1993-07-08 (Age:61)
Nationality: US American
Hometown: Gary, Indiana, USA
Boxing Record: click
Chuck Adkins was the Olympic Gold Medalist at the 1952 Helsinki Olympics, in the Light Welterweight (140 lb/63.5 kg) class. In the final he defeated Viktor Mednov of the Soviet Union in the final on a 2-1 decision. The bout was notable, as being the first ever boxing match between the United States and the Soviet Union.
At the time of the Olympics, Adkins, was a 20-year old police administration student. Adkins also won the National AAU Lightweight championship in 1949.
- Defeated Leif Hansen (Norway) RSC 1
- Defeated Salomon Carrizales (Venezuela) 3-0
- Defeated Alexander Grant Webster (South Africa) 3-0
- Defeated Bruno Visintin (Italy) 3-0
- Defeated Viktor Mednov (Soviet Union) 2-1
The Complete Book of the Olympics
| National AAU Lightweight Champion
| Olympic Gold Medalist
Light Welterweight Champion