Charles Cavallo vs. Marlon Hayes
2007-06-29 : Charles Cavallo beat Marlon Hayes by UD in round 8 of 8
- Location: St. George Theater, Staten Island, New York, USA
- Referee: Randy Neumann
- Judge: Steve Weisfeld 79-72
- Judge: Ron McNair 79-73 79-73
- Weights: Cavallo 177 lbs, Hayes 178 lbs
- Announcer: Joe Antonacci
- Aired on: ESPN2's ESPN Friday Night Fights (with guest commentator Bob Foster, former Light Heavyweight Champion, and ringside guest Paul Malignaggi, newly-crowned IBF light welterweight champion).
- Hayes stung in round two by a right uppercut that landed cleanly. ESPN's Joe Tessitore reported that in round two Cavallo connected with 45 punches to Hayes's 10.
- Hayes routinely kept his gloves down and relied on head movement to attempt to avoid the punches of Cavallo. He, at times, would move to his left and throw jabs, but too would load up a big punch and throw wildly often missing his opponent altogether. Cavallo, instead, walked his opponent down and threw combinations often finding success with the right hand.
- Final ESPN Punch Track numbers had Cavallo landing with 181 of 462 headshots for 39%, compared to Hayes's 42 of 184 headshots for 23%.