Chief Petty Officers Club: San Pedro
San Pedro, CA, USA
San Pedro has been the primary harbor of the greater Los Angeles area for many years, and was a major United States Naval community. Its Chief Petty Officers (CPO) Club sponsored countless boxing shows during the 1920s.
- Henry Lee was the CPO Club's director in 1921. Dec. 15 Los Angeles Times
- The matchmaker during at least 1923 was Henry Gold and/or a Mr. Lucas, depending on the source.
- Promoter was W. W. McClellan, per the July 23, 1923 Los Angeles Times.
Effective mid-December 1921, its boxing shows were changed from Wednesdays to Saturdays, to accommodate military schedules. The Los Angeles Times of January 1922 states that the club was located at the Point Fermin (aka Firmin) Arena at that time. The CPOs opened a new boxing arena April 19, 1923, per the LA Times.