Chris Arreola vs. Eric Molina
2012-02-18 : Chris Arreola 245 lbs beat Eric Molina 228 lbs by KO at 2:30 in round 1 of 12
- Location: American Bank Center, Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
- Referee: Jon Schorle
- Judge: Javier Alvarez
- Judge: Michael Mitchell
- Judge: Jesse Reyes
- Ring Announcer: Jimmy Lennon Jr.
- Aired On: Showtime Championship Boxing
- USNBC Heavyweight Title (1st defense by Molina)
- Chris Arreola 34-2 (29 KOs) vs. Eric Molina 18-1 (14 KOs)
- The broadcast listed Arreola's record as 33-2 (29 KOs) with one no decision.
- Fight was on the undercard of Paul Williams vs. Nobuhiro Ishida.
- It was the second loss and second first-round-knockout loss of Molina's professional career.
- It was the 12th first-round-knockout win of Arreola's professional career.
Molina landed some good shots early and worked well to the body. A right hand at 1:59 of the round stung Arreola. Molina attacked before being caught with a left hook. Arreola backed Molina into a corner and landed a thudding overhand right at 2:22 that sent Molina down on his backside against the ropes. Molina made not attempt to get his feet as the referee reached the count of ten.
- "He did hit me with the right hand man. Everybody in Texas should be proud of him man. He's a strong fighter, very strong. He caught me with the right hand and I was ready for the right hand and honestly it did wake me up so I had to get him with one of my right hands of my own. You know what it is? I like getting hit and once I get hit, I know the fight's on. I got hit. I said "Oh sh*t, time to work." so that's what happened. I got back to work. I guess because my dad hit me a lot. When my dad hit me, I knew I had to fight. That's why I fought hard this fight." - Chris Arreola in the post-fight interview with Jim Gray.
- "As a kid, I always wanted to meet Don King, but now I think Don King's a f*cking a*shole and a racist. He's a racist." - Arreola in his post-fight interview before being cut off. His quote was in response to King referring to Mexican-Americas at the pre-fight presser as "wetbacks" that no longer are "running up and down picking the fruits and things".