Chris Arreola vs. Kendrick Releford
2011-05-27 : Chris Arreola 236 lbs beat Kendrick Releford 230 lbs by TKO at 2:43 in round 7 of 10
- Location: Reno Events Center, Reno, Nevada, USA
- Referee: Russell Mora
- Judge: Pat Schellin 59-54
- Judge: Richard Houck 60-53
- Judge: Eric Cheek 60-53
Promoter: Goossen Tutor
- Chris Arreola 31-2 (27 KOs) vs. Kendrick Releford 22-14-2 (10 KOs)
- Releford, who took the fight on two-weeks notice, entered as a 40/1 betting underdog. 
- Arreola entered as the # 11 heavyweight in the world according to The Ring Magazine. Releford, who was 2-2 in his last four bouts, was unranked by the same publication.
- Arreola came into the fight having scored a 3rd Round knockout victory over Nagy Aguilera 16-5 (11 KOs) just thirteen days prior. It was Releford's first match in nine months following a unanimous decision loss to prospect Luis Ortiz (2-0) 2KOs.
- At 230 lbs., Releford entered at his heaviest weight since October of 2006.
- ESPN's Teddy Atlas began suggesting in Round 6 that Releford's corner should stop the fight.
A competitive opening round saw Releford moving around and working almost exclusively with the jab which snapped back the head of Arreola. Arreola came forward looking for openings and throwing a calculated mix of power shots highlighted by a few good hooks to the body. Arreola separated himself in the 2nd and worked more behind a jab and pounded hooks into the body of Releford. A right uppercut from Arreola in the final minute of the round snapped back the head of his opponent. Arreola continued to mix in the uppercut in the 3rd and work the body as Releford stayed focused on blocking Arreola's head shots. In the 5th, Arreola began to connect more frequently splitting Releford's guard with another right uppercut and a straight right hand that appeared to hurt Kendrick for the first time toward the end of the round. In the 6th, Arreola poured it on and landed some heavy shots against a badly fading Releford. Midway through the round after taking a series of clean shots capped with a left uppercut, Releford retreated to a corner and took a knee. He got to his feet at eight and action continued. Arreola continued to connect with power shots in the 7th and bloodied the nose of Releford who was no longer throwing effectively and instead was looking to hang on. Following a good left hook to Releford's temple, the referee stepped in and waved an end to the bout.