Chris Arreola vs. Raphael Butler
2011-11-05 : Chris Arreola 240½ lbs beat Raphael Butler 255 lbs by TKO at 0:55 in round 3 of 10
- Location: Domo De La Feria, Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico
- Referee: Jose Guadalupe Garcia
- Chris Arreola 33-2 (28 KOs) vs. Raphael Butler 35-11 (28 KOs)
- Butler entered with a record of 1-5 and one no contest in his previous seven bouts.
- It was the first professional fight for Arreola outside of the United States.
- It was the third consecutive and seventh knockout loss overall of Butler's professional career.
Butler looked to work with a jab early as Arreola came forward and threw power shots. A right hand that landed to back of Butler's head as he turned sent him down 58 seconds in to the opening round. Arreola received a warning for the punch and it was ruled not to be a valid knockdown. Time was called and Butler was given 25 seconds of recovery time. A left hook sent Butler back into a corner at 1:42 of the round. He attempted to fight back before being caught with an overhand right that sent him down at 1:54. He made it to his feet at the count of seven. A barrage capped with another overhand right sent Butler down again at 2:54. He was up at the count of eight. The two exchanged power shots as Round 2 began. A right hand sent Butler down to a knee 11 seconds into the round. He popped back up immediately and went after Arreola before the referee stepped in and began the mandatory eight-count. A short left hook sent Butler back into the ropes early in Round 3. Arreola came forward and threw a barrage. Butler went down 47 seconds into the round holding the back of his head. He made it to his feet at the count of nine grimacing and holding the back of his head, but the referee waved an end to the bout. At the stoppage, Raphael could be heard saying, "No, No, No." to the referee wanting to continue.