Chris Pearson vs. Jeremy Wood
2012-02-25 : Christopher Pearson 155 lbs beat Jeremy Wood 154¾ lbs by TKO at 0:55 in round 1 of 4
- Location: Scottrade Center, Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
- Referee: Mike England
- Judge: Barbara Madison
- Judge: Jackson Harper
- Judge: Marty Bickle
- Chris Pearson 2-0 (1 KO) vs. Jeremy Wood 1-4 (1 KO)
- Fight was unaired on the undercard of Adrien Broner vs. Eloy Perez.
- It was the second first-round knockout win for Pearson.
- It was the second knockout loss of Wood's professional career, who came in 11 lbs. lighter than in his previous bout, six months earlier.
A counter left hook caught Wood coming forward and sent him hard to the mat at 0:18. He was up at the count of three and action continued. Pearson came forward with power shots and sent Wood down to all fours with a straight left hand at 0:41. He was up at the count of four, but the referee waved an end to the bout following the mandatory eight-count.