Clinton Woods vs. Rico Hoye
2005-03-04 : Clinton Woods 174 lbs beat Rico Hoye 174½ lbs by TKO at 2:59 in round 5 of 12
- Location: Magna Centre, Rotherham, Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Referee: Ian John-Lewis
- Judge: Dave Parris 40-35
- Judge: Debra Barnes 39-36
- Judge: Joe Garcia 40-35
- International Boxing Federation Light Heavyweight Title (Vacant title)
- Time: 2:59
- Weights: Woods 174 lbs, Hoye 174.5 lbs
- Fight was for the vacant IBF title that had been relinquished by Glen Johnson.
- Hoye entered the ring first to an expletive laced rap number, Woods entered to the song 'Going Underground' by The Jam.
- Woods showed strength many observers had not seen in his recent fights, constantly holding his own with Hoye in the clinches and catching him with short, clipping hooks on the inside.
- Woods also showed a long jab that seemed to disorientate Hoye, who was momentarily stunned from the power shots that flowed from it - from the first round to the last. Hoye never went down during the fight and was stopped on his feet;, however his body was showing the ragdoll effect that lethargy can have for some minutes before the stoppage.
- Hoye was also deducted two points during the fight - in the fourth and fifth rounds.