Clyde Gray vs. Ray Chavez Guerrero (1st meeting)
1977-03-22 : Clyde Gray lost to Ray Chavez Guerrero by TKO in round 11 of 12
- Location: Forum, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Referee: Rosarie Baillargeon
- Canadian Boxing Federation Welterweight Title (3rd defense of Gray)
- Weights: Gray 147 lbs, Guerrero 147 lbs
- Gray was stopped on cuts.
- Gray was leading the fight when ringside doctor Rene Ormond declared him unfit to continue as a result of cuts on his eyelid and cheekbone.
- Controversy followed the fight. The Canadian Boxing Federation upheld Guerrero's claim to the title, while the Canadian Professional Boxing Council (CPBC) maintained that Gray was still champion. Guerrero was born abroad, which the CPBC argued made him ineligable for a Canadian championship. (Windsor Star, March 31, 1977)
Gray vs. Hafey
| Canadian Welterweight Title Fight
Gray vs. Guerrero II